| Back | Forward |
BOOK III. THE WAY IN WHICH WE RECEIVE THE GRACE OF CHRIST: WHAT BENEFITS COME TO US FROM IT, AND WHAT EFFECTS FOLLOW.
- The Things Spoken Concerning Christ Profit Us by the Secret Working of the Spirit.
- Faith: Its Definition Set Forth, and Its Properties Explained.
- Our Regeneration by Faith: Repentance.
- How Far from the Purity of the Gospel Is All That the Sophists in Their Schools Prate About Repentance; Discussion of Confession and Satisfaction.
- The Supplements That They Add to Satisfactions, Namely, Indulgences and Purgatory.
- The Life of the Christian Man; and First, by What Arguments Scripture Urges Us to It.
- The Sum of the Christian Life: The Denial of Ourselves.
- Bearing the Cross, a Part of Self-denial.
- Meditation on the Future Life.
- How We Must Use the Present Life and Its Helps.
- Justification by Faith: First the Definition of the Word and of the Matter.
- We Must Lift Up Our Minds to God's Judgment Seat that We May Be Firmly Convinced of His Free Justification.
- Two Things to Be Noted in Free Justification.
- The Beginning of Justification and Its Continual Progress.
- Boasting About the Merits of Works Destroys Our Praise of God for Having Bestowed Righteousness, as Well as Our Assurance of Salvation.
- Refutation of the False Accusations by Which the Papists Try to Cast Odium Upon This Doctrine.
- The Agreement of the Promises of the Law and of the Gospel.
- Works Righteousness Is Wrongly Inferred from Reward.
- Christian Freedom.
- Prayer, Which is the Chief Exercise of Faith, and by Which We Daily Receive God's Benefits.
- Eternal Election, by Which God Has Predestined Some to Salvation, Others to Destruction.
- Confirmation of This Doctrine from Scriptural Testimonies.
- Refutation of the False Accusations with Which This Doctrine Has Always Been Unjustly Burdened.
- Election Is Confirmed by God's Call; Moreover, the Wicked Bring Upon Themselves the Just Destruction to Which They Are Destined.
- The Final Resurrection.
Main Index | BOOK I | BOOK II | BOOK III | BOOK IV
Back to Documents at CRTA